Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Secret in The Renaissance Hotel Makati

Ok. I am better now.

I already said that before, but turned out transitory and went back to the same wallow feeling I was into. But I’m gonna say it again: I am better now. This time, I know it is for good.

I already discovered the Secret.

I spent three days and two nights in the Renaissance Hotel in Makati. Why and how? Why: I wanted to reflect and see what I really wanted in life. I felt I was in the worst chapter of my life, so I thought of pampering myself. How: I used my hard earned money. I had the money. But now I have none. And to make matters worse, I am on the brink of losing my job. But it’s ok. I have learned the Secret and I know now what I want and I now know how to get it.

Just a comment about the Hotel:
I already tried staying in Edsa Shangri-La Hotel too. Edsa Shangri-La is better in terms of room features. Bathrooms are bigger, bed is bigger, the TV is bigger but slimmer, the tables and couches are bigger. To sum it up, the rooms in Edsa Shangri-La are bigger than the rooms in The Renaissance...they are a lot “sossier”. But, I like the Club Level on the 22nd Floor of The Renaissance...I love the food they serve in the buffet breakfast. And the GYM and Steam bath...it is a wow...complete with everything you need. I also love the swimming pool area in The Renaissance. I didn’t really swim in the pool but I did enjoy watching an old white woman swimming like a frog. That was how she exactly looked like. From my room on the 19th floor of the hotel, watching the old lady swim like a frog became my morning habit. Looks funny. But relaxing to see an old lady mimicking a frog. Harhar.

Ok. Getting back. I spent 3 days in the hotel and did what I “used to love” doing most (not anymore)...thinking. I thought about myself. I thought about my family. I thought about building my own family. I thought about my job. I thought about life. I thought about the things that I hate. I thought about the things that a loath. I thought about the things that make me sad. I thought about the things that make me cry. I thought about the things I want. Doing a lot of those thinking gave me the ideas of what can make me happy. Those are the things that I want in my life.

The Secret. My sister bought a book titled, “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. I had it with me in the hotel and read it. (Gee...what a very expensive way to read a book!) Ok. Getting back. The book focuses on the ideas that revolve around what it says to be the most powerful law in the Universe, which is the Law of Attraction. The law of attraction has a variety of definitions. The book explains the law of attraction in a more modern consensus. Technically, it explains how the law of attraction can make one’s life better, or worst, depending on how one manages his thoughts. It teaches about the law of attraction in a New Age way. As the book aptly points out, people focus their thoughts on either what they want or what they do not want. The book explains how things, good and bad, come in one’s life by summoning it through persistent thoughts, whether consciously or unconsciously. But the key to success with intention-manifestation is to keep your thoughts focused on what you desire in life even if it doesn’t show any presence in your life at all. Let’s just say; you dream of becoming a big Hollywood Superstar though you look like a shit. You just need to think about it persistently till you die, I mean, till you get what you want and become a Hollywood Superstar. Everything in the universe, again, good or bad, vibrates in a unique level of frequency, as the book says. The key is to make your thoughts in sync with the frequency of the things around you. Ok. To make it simple: Your thoughts create who and what you are. The more you think of the good things or the things that you want in life, the greater your chance of getting them. And the more you think about the things that you don’t want the more miserable you’ll become. So if you want to get something you have to think of it persistently. You do not need to worry about how it’s going to happen because the universe will find its own way of arranging everything for you. Wow! Is that how it really works? I believe so. It is just all about being optimistic actually. According to the book you need to follow three steps:

1. Ask
2. Believe
3. Receive

Know what you want and ASK the universe for it. This is where you need to get clear and be sure of yourself what you really want to get/want to be in life. BELIEVE that what you desire is already on its way. This is where you focus your thoughts on your object of desire. You have to feel and behave that it is on its way – even if it means tricking yourself into believing that what you desire and want is coming true (remember the Hollywood Superstar example I gave you earlier! That is a very good example of tricking yourself. You’ll never know...the universe might hear it.) And be prepared to RECEIVE it. You have to pay attention on the signs that the universe is giving you and that you have to align yourself with it.

If you think about being happy, joyful, successful, lively, lovely, perfect, then you are using the law of attraction correctly. You are using it in a positive way. A straight out of “Ask and it is Given.” But if you are thinking of being depressed, lonely, poor, broke, ugly, loveless, then you are using the law of attraction in a very, very destructive way. And I think that is the reason why I can’t seem to move on. I am being nostalgic with all the bad things that happened and am focusing as well on the bad things that are happening and now the universe is giving me what I am thinking. Dang I might right...I will never be happy if I will continue being lonely.
The book is great. The idea of the law of attraction has been known to everyone for ages. It has been there ever since humans started to think rationally. But the problem is not knowing how to use it the positive way. The Secret brings these positive ideas to people to choose the thoughts they hold each day. It encourages people to be positive on everything and just focus on manifesting what they want.

On the other side: The book somehow failed to link God as the superior being in the universe. The book focuses our hope Selfward and not Godward, as what as Don Whitney said. The book teaches how one can be the God of his own. It teaches how one can be the masterpiece of his life and how he can be the Michael Angelo of his life. It clearly states that you create your own destiny...what you are right now is the result of all your thoughts, be it good or bad. This will be a bit unfair to sick people – obviously you cannot say “You are sick and going to die because that is the result of your thoughts!” or “You were raped because that is what you’ve been thinking about!”

I do believe the power of the law of attraction. But I also believe that there is a superior being above us, not the universe, who arranges everything for us. But in general, I like the book, and I will strongly suggest reading it for self-help.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails